Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Trip to the Aquarium-

of which I have no pictures...it was super busy so all energy was spent tracking two children who like to run in opposite directions, and trying to calm Abbie down from a near panic attack over the Penguin mascot who was there to hug all the kids. My kids have never been fans of people dressed up as large animals- but Abbie literally jumped back two feet when she saw this thing. She then refused to walk and had a death grip on my neck for the next 30 minutes. We managed to escape the penguin and the kids had a great time-topped off by Grandma letting them pick out toys in the gift store- I have pictures of the toys ;) Elliot decided at dinner that night to try out his first big brother-can-torture-his-little-sister move by saying this to Abbie - "Abbie remember that big penguin at the aquarium? He is coming to our house to get you!" "No Elliot! Noooo!" Can you feel the love? :)


Sharks and a pink seal that has a pink bow-she has slept with it every night since!



Penguin mascot

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK. So who are the kids in the pic with the Penguin? Maybe their parents could provide some pointers on how to eliminate the large fury things fear. When I was a kid, they just had clowns to scare the bejeebies (Sp?) out of you. Sounds like a fun trip and I guess this was in N-KY. Don't remember if you, or your sisters ever had a large fury thing fear. I'm sure they'll get over it. Nowadays, you see large fury things everywhere. Best not take them out around Easter.

Gramps

Heather said...

I don't know the kids in the picture :) Easter bunny invokes panic from both of them. I have honestly stopped going to the mall around Easter time to avoid the bunny all together. We're hoping this subsides before we make the trek to Disney in a couple years!